2nd Place Winner: Best Ever Rum Balls
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 3 cups of vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of dark rum
- powdered sugar, rice flour, cocoa for coating
- In a heavy pot, melt the chocolate on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar and corn syrup.
- Beat in the vanilla wafers (and nuts if you are using them).
- Next stir in the salt, vanilla and rum until well combined. Refrigerate the mixture until firm.
- Roll the mixture into small 1 inch balls. Roll in the coatings of your choice.
Source: Food and Spice