Organic Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers
Wholesome eating has gone to the dogs! In this case, our four legged friends get treated to the delicious, peanut buttery goodness they beg for, with an added organic twist. These tasty treats will cost a fraction of store bough “gourmet” treats, and you know you’ll always have someone on hand (or paw) to lick the bowl.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp organic, gluten free baking powder (substitute regular powder if your pooch isn’t on a special diet)
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (chunky or smooth both work fine)
- 1 cup organic milk (we like Horizon, but use what you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Ina mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder, in a separate bowl, combine peanut butter and milk, and mix.
- When peanut butter mixture is smooth, add in your dry ingredients.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead well.
- Roll dough into ¼ in thick sheet and use a cookie cutter to cut shapes
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and place the cooking in the oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.*
- Cool, then store in an airtight container for Fido.
Be cautious, different peanut butters, elevations, and dough thickness can cause the cooking time to vary significantly. Keep an eye on the treats while baking to make sure you don’t burn your pup’s treats!
Throw a Puppy Party
Dogs are social creatures, so cook up a batch of these treats and invite a few puppy playmates over. Fill up a baby pool about 12” in the back yard for a super fun summer day with your furry friends.